Big Blend Home Burger Challenge
Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is: Meadow Mushrooms Limited
- The title of the promotion is: Big Blend Home Burger Challenge
- The title of the major prize draw is: NZ’s Biggest Blended BBQ prize pack
The competition will run from 23rd October 2020 till midnight 23rd November 2020, when all entries must be received (in accordance with these terms and conditions) to be eligible for the major prize.
The promotion is open to all New Zealand residents living in New Zealand aged 18 years or over as of the date of entry, with a valid Facebook or Instagram account, except:
- A director, manager or employee of the Promoter (or any related entity) (Ineligible Party); or
- A spouse, partner, parent, child or sibling of an Ineligible Party; or
- A supplier, provider or agent directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion.; or
- Any company or entity other than an individual.
How to Enter
- To enter, create an original blended burger at home, using a patty made with at least 25% chopped Meadow Mushrooms and post your photo to the competition post pinned on the Promoter’s Facebook page each week of the promotion period or to the Promoter’s Instagram page using the hashtag #bigblendburgerchallenge.
- Each entrant must only enter the promotion in its own name and not on behalf of any other individual and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted or ineligible entries.
- Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are automatically ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Should an Entrant's contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entries that do not comply with the criteria set out in these Terms.
Winner Selection & Notification
- All entries received will be judged by a panel comprised of the Promoter and agents of the Promoter. The judges will rate entries based on the following criteria:
- Originality: is your burger creation an original idea? Is it unique in how it has been assembled or the ingredient usage?
- Presentation: does your burger creation have good appetite appeal? Does it have a wow factor?
- Weekly Winners: All entries received by midnight 30th October 2020, 6th November 2020, 13th November 2020, 20th November 2020 will be judged against all entries received in the seven (7) days prior. Each weekly winner will be announced on the Promoter’s social media channels within 2 working days after weekly entries close.
- All weekly winners are eligible to win one (1) weekly prize only per household for the duration of the promotion.
- Major Winner: all four weekly winners will automatically become one of five (5) finalists. The fifth finalist will be selected by the judges from all entries received over the promotion period. All five (5) finalists’ entries will be posted on the Promoter’s Facebook page on Wednesday 25th November 2020 for a public vote, whereby the winning burger will be the one with the most ‘likes’ on Facebook as at midnight on Tuesday 1st December 2020. With the winner being announced on the Promoter’s social media channels on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
- All winners will be notified by private message through the Promoter’s social media channels and will be provided with details of how to claim their prize. If the winners do not claim their prize or provide a valid postal address within two weeks of the announcement post, their prize will be forfeited, and the runner up will receive the opportunity to claim the prize.
- On submission of your entry, you give the Promoter permission to announce your name on their social media channels if you are a weekly or major prize winner.
- Prizes cannot be accepted by a third party on your behalf.
- Prizes will be sent to the winner by post to an address provided by the entrant by private message to the Promoter.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
Major prize includes the following and is valued at NZD$1,608.00 (RRP):
- 1 x Weber Q3100 BBQ
- 1 x Weber BBQ accessories
- 1 x Keter cooler bar
- 1 x Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth speaker
- 1 x Green Meadows Beef voucher to the value of $100.00
- 1 x Foodbox voucher to the value of $200.00
- 1 x Meadow Mushrooms voucher to the value of $20.00
- 4 x packs of Vista sparkling water
- 1 x Kubb outdoor game
Weekly prize (one per week) includes the following and is valued at NZD$294 (RRP):
- 1 x Foodbox RRP $149.00
- 1 x Green Meadows Beef meat box RRP $100.00
- 1 x Meadow Mushrooms voucher to the value of $20.00
- 1 x Big Blend Home Burger Challenge branded apron RRP $25.00
- If, for any reason, any Prize or Prizes become unavailable, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion (and, if applicable, subject to the approval of any relevant government authority), substitute an alternative prize of a value that is no less than the estimated retail value of the Prize, subject to any applicable laws or directions of any governmental authority.
- If a Prize is not claimed by a winner or a valid postal address provided by the Entrant within 10 working days of being contacted by the Promoter in accordance with these terms and conditions it is at the Promoter's sole and absolute discretion to award the prize to another Entrant of its choosing.
Ownership and Licensed
In entering the promotion, you are giving the Promoter express permission to use your entry images on their social media channels for further promotion of the event. If you are a finalist, you agree to provide the Promoter the recipe for your winning entry and give the Promoter the full and free right to recreate and publish your recipe on its website, in newsletters, promotional material and by email to their subscribers for the duration of the promotion and at all times thereafter. Your first and last name will be included whenever and wherever the recipe is published.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct this Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such personal information to third parties including agents, contractors, services providers, prize suppliers and regulatory authorities (if required). If you do not provide personal information to the Promoter, the Promoter may not be able to accept your entry or otherwise allow you to participate in the Promotion.
- In all other respects, the collection, use and disclosure of the Entrant’s personal information by the Promoter will be governed by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 or any registered code under the Privacy Act that binds the Promoter.
- If the Entrant wishes to opt out, access, update or correct any of its personal information collected by the Promoter, a request to do so can be made to the Promoter.
- For queries or information regarding privacy matters please contact the Promoter.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, losses and damages suffered or incurred by the Entrant, including any liability for personal injury or death or loss of business opportunity or liability due to negligence of the Promoter or its personnel, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in connection with these terms and conditions or the conduct of the Promotion (including, without limitation, in connection with, participation in the Promotion by the Entrant; the Prize; the unavailability of any Prize; any tax liability incurred by the Entrant; or any variation in the value of the Prize).
- The Promoter will not accept: (a) responsibility for promotion entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or (b) proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the promotion.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- When an entrant completes and submits its photo to the Promoter’s Facebook page in accordance with these terms and conditions, a contract will be formed on these terms and conditions between the entrant and the Promoter under which the Promoter permits the entrant to enter the promotion subject to the conditions set out in these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter will not accept entries that are completed by third parties or in bulk, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, or are incomplete.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the promotion including, but not limited to, the submission of any entry that the Promoter, using its reasonable judgement, deems inappropriate.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social network.