Braised beef ribs and mushrooms
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 180 Min
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 beef short ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 carrots, sliced thickly
- 3 celery stalks celery, sliced thickly
- 6 shallots, peeled
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 250g Small Portabello ‘Casserole’ mushrooms
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- Bouquet Garni (fresh bay, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 bottle (750ml) red wine
- 2 C (500ml) beef stock
- Preheat oven to 160oC.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan and brown seasoned ribs. Remove and set aside.
- Add butter and sauté vegetables and bacon.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 3 hours or until the beef is falling off the bone.
- Serve on creamy mash.