Champagne Mushroom Sauce
PREP TIME: 5 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 250g White or Swiss Brown Meadow Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- 1/3 cup shallots or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- Bring Champagne and shallots to a rolling boil in a medium-sized saucepan and simmer until wine has reduced to ¾ cup. Remove from heat.
- When the Champagne stops simmering, whisk in ¼ cup of butter, a little at a time.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock to the mushroom mixture, stirring constantly until it boils. It will turn into a silky sauce. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in Champagne mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep warm until needed. Do not let it boil or the sauce may separate.