Garden Peas with Bacon, Mushrooms and Mint
PREP TIME: 2 Min
COOK TIME: 13 Min
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, cut into batons
- 50g butter
- 200g Swiss Brown Mushrooms, cleaned, quartered
- 500g frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook the bacon for 4 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and melt half the butter in the pan. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes, tossing the pan regularly. Return the bacon to the pan with the peas and the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Scatter over mint leaves to serve.
Recipe & image courtesy of Australian Mushrooms