Scrumptious Three-Cheese Stuffed Portabellos
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
- 20 Meadows Portabellos
- 4 slices grainy bread
- 50 g blue cheese
- 50 g ground parmesan
- 100 g brie or camembert
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- handfull of basil leaves
- Place the mushroom stalks, bread, cheeses, chopped garlic, chopped red onion and basil leaves into the food processor bowl with the chopping blades.
- Pulse the processor until the mixture is barely combined. It is best that it remains a very coarse texture, with discernible pieces of bread, onion, and various cheeses visible.
- Divide this stuffing between the mushroom caps, pressing it onto the cap covering all the gills.
- Cook on a flat oven dish at 180˚ for 10 to 15 mins.
- Grill lightly to brown the tops.
These are great on a plate with any kind of meat, but work especially well with steak. They do very nicely as a first course on a plate by them selves, or if made with button mushrooms instead of the flats, you’ve got a wonderful finger food item for parties.