Asian Broth with Chicken and Mushroom Dumplings
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 200g White Sliced ‘Soup’ Mushrooms, diced
- 200g Chicken mince
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced (remove and reserve the last 10cm of the green ends for garnish first)
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Packet Dumpling wrappers (approx. 50)
- 9 C chicken stock
- 1 ½ C rice wine
- 10cm ginger, peeled and julienned
- Reserved green spring onion ends, finely sliced lengthways and curled in a bowl of water and ice
- Heat oil and sauté mushrooms. Mix with remaining filling ingredients.
- Lay out dumpling wrappers on a clean work surface and place a heaped teaspoon of filling in the centre of each.
- Brush the edges of wrappers with water and fold in half pressing edges to seal.
- Place stock, rice wine and ginger in a pot and bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add 30 dumplings and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve in hot bowls garnished with spring onions curls.
The left over dumplings can be frozen on trays, then placed in freezer bags to use later.