Vegetarian Mushroom Pot Sticker Dumplings
PREP TIME: 25 Min
COOK TIME: 60 Min
- 25g dried shitake mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 250g brown button mushrooms, finely chopped
- quarter of a teaspoon salt
- 1 and a half cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 125g firm tofu, rinsed and cut into 5mm cubes
- 300g dumpling wrappers
- soy sauce and chilli oil to serve
- Put the shitake mushrooms in a bowl and cover with warm water.
- Sit for 30 minutes to soften then drain and finely chop.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic, ginger, fresh and dried mushrooms and salt.
- Cook, stirring for about 8 minutes until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the mixture is fairly dry.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry until wilted then stir in the tofu. Cool.
- Put one dumpling wrapper on a dry work surface and put one heaped teaspoon of mixture in the centre.
- Brush the edges with water and fold into a half moon shape, pleating as you go if you like.
- Put on a lined tray and repeat with the remaining filling.
- To cook, heat a large non stick frying pan to medium and add a little oil.
- Fill the pan with dumplings, not overcrowding it and cook until the bases are golden.
- Pour over half a cup of water and place the lid on.
- Steam for about 5 minutes then uncover and cook until any remaining water has evaporated.
- Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- Serve with soy and chilli oil for dipping.