PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 6 Min
- 500g 50/50 Meadow Mushrooms & beef mince blend
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 ½ cups/ 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To serve: toasted buns and a selection of toppings such as lettuce, tomato, cheese, coleslaw, pickles, sauces
- Finely chop the mushrooms (or blitz in the blender) to replicate mince, then combine with mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl mixing well with your hands.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Heat the plate of a barbecue or some oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add the patties and cook, turning once to desired doneness, about 3 minutes each side, but this will depend on the thickness of your patty. Do not press the patty down when cooking, this squeezes out juices.
- If you like melted cheese in your burger you can add a slice of cheddar when you have turned the patty and it will melt as you finish cooking.
For a denser, more ‘meaty’ mouthfeel or texture, leave out the breadcrumbs and eggs from the recipe