PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 5 Min
- 500g 30/70 Meadow Mushrooms & beef mince blend
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 ½ cups / 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. If you are going to fry your meatballs, start with a 30/70 blend of mushrooms to mince or up the quantity of breadcrumbs to 2 cups per 200g as the mixture needs to be a bit stiffer for ease of frying.
- 2. Finely chop the mushrooms (or blitz in the blender) to replicate mince, then combine with mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl mixing well with your hands.
- 3. Shape into golf ball sized balls. Recipe should make around 20.
- 4. To cook, you can either fry in a pan with olive oil for about 5 minutes, until cooked through. Or drop into a simmering sauce of your choice, for 5 minutes to poach, turning once.