Blue Cheese & Caramelised Onion Portabello Mushroom Burgers
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 60 Min
- 6 large portabello mushrooms (whole)
- 100 g butter (for onions)
- 150 g butter (for mushrooms)
- ¼ cup cooking pil
- 700 g onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Sea salt & fresh black pepper
- ½ Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 hamburger buns
- Rocket (one bag)
- Caramelise onions - put butter, oil, onion & rosemary into a large saucepan over a medium low heat & cook 30 mins until golden.
- Add balsamic, brown sugar and cook another 5 min.
- Season with salt & pepper remove from heat & keep warm.
- Peel mushrooms.
- Melt butter with garlic & brush mushrooms before placing on hot grill.
- Cook 10 mins, basting with remaining garlic butter until soft & cooked through.
- Sprinkle a little blue cheese over mushrooms.
- Warm buns on the grill.
- Add rocket leaves to bun bases; add warmed caramelised onions, top with mushrooms. Put bun lids on & devour immediately.