All American Burger With Portabello, Cheese & Bacon
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- 8 slices streaky bacon (optional)
- 4 Meadows Large Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- 4 slices tasty cheese
- 4 brioche (or hamburger) buns, halved
- To Serve
- 1 cos lettuce
- ½ red onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin rounds
- ½ cup sliced pickles
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
- American mustard
- Put the vinegar, bay, peppercorns and sugar in a saucepan with 150ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the shiitake and thyme in a heatproof bowl and pour over the liquid. Cool then refrigerate overnight or for up to 5 days, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Crack in the eggs and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Arrange the pan-fried mushrooms on the toast and top with the eggs. Add the avocado and top with pickled shiitake. Scatter with tamari seeds and smoked paprika, chilli sauce or pepper.