Creamy Mushroom and Thyme Soup
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 200g White Sliced ‘Soup’ Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ C Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp nutmeg, grated
- ½ C stale bread, roughly torn
- 2C (500ml) chicken stock
- ¼ C cream, plus extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Heat butter and sauté onion, garlic, mushrooms, herbs and nutmeg. Remove a few slices of mushroom to use as a garnish.
- Add bread and stock, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream, blitz until smooth, season.
- Serve in warm bowls, garnished with a drizzle of cream, reserved mushrooms and a good grind of pepper.