Button & Portabello Mushrooms with Penne Pasta & Cream Fraiche
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 30 Min
- 500gm penne pasta
- 20gms butter
- 100gms chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 100mls white wine
- 250gms Portabello mushrooms sliced large
- 250gms button mushrooms whole (white or Swiss brown)
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 4 Tbs broken basil
- 100gm cream fraiche
- Shaved or grated parmesan on the side
- Cook the pasta & refresh.
- Heat a large pot with a lid or a wok; add the butter, garlic, button mushrooms & wine
- With a little seasoning, place on the lid & rapid cook for 4mins, remove the mushrooms.
- Then add the portabello’s & cook for about 5min in the juices from the button mushrooms.
- Now add the pasta to the Portabello's & the button mushrooms, half the basil & heat.
- Serve in a large platter with dollops of the cream fraiche & the remaining basil.
- For meat eaters some sautéed chicken could be added as an option.