Fold Over BBQ Mushroom Pizza
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 3 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet, shredded
- 200g ricotta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup tomato passatta sauce
- Combine 1 cup warm water, yeast, pinch of salt & 1 1/2 tbs oil in a large bowl.
- Add flour & mix well.
- Knead on a floured surface for 8 minutes until elastic.
- Cover & set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add onions & mushrooms, cook for 8-10 minutes until liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to a bowl, cool for 5 minutes.
- Add silverbeet & ricotta, toss to combine.
- Preheat flat barbecue plate on high.
- Cut the dough into four & roll each piece out to a rectangle 20x30cm.
- Spread passatta evenly over each piece of dough.
- Pile one quarter of the filling onto half of each piece of dough.
- Fold the dough over the filling & press edges to seal.
- Spray both sides of pizzas lightly with oil.
- Reduce barbecue heat to medium, place pizzas on the plate, close the hood & barbecue for 5-7 minutes each side until crisp.
- Cut into pieces & serve with lemon.