Marinated Mushroom & Super Grain Salad
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 42 Min
- 250g button Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white wine, cider, balsamic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g/ half a cup super grain mix or quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups baby kale or regular, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and grated or julienned
- half a cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Slice or quarter the mushrooms.
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and mustard then the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushrooms, stir to coat well and set aside for 30 minutes to marinade.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold water then add to the boiling water.
- Cook for 12 minutes until tender. Rinse, drain and cool.
- Add the quinoa, kale, carrots and beetroot to the mushrooms and gently fold together.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with the walnuts.