PREP TIME: 80 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- Half a teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oregano, finely chopped
- 1-2 fresh chilies, sliced (discard the seeds)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 250g button mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- a bunch of coriander, leaves picked and chopped if liked
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- To serve, toasted bread, or corn chips
- Bring quarter a cup of water to the boil with the salt and boil to dissolve.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the garlic, oregano, chilli in a large bowl and whisk in the lime juice the salt water.
- Add the mushrooms and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- To serve as an entrée, divide between 4 plates and top with coriander and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve with toasted bread.
- Or to serve as finger food tostadas, pile tablespoons of mushrooms onto corn chips, top with a sprig of coriander and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.