Mushroom & Chicken Risotto
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 25 Min
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Heat 2 tbs oil in an ovenproof cookware over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until onions are soft. Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Remove pan from the heat, cover with lid or foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the stock is almost absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side until just cooked through. Remove to a board, stand for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- Stir the chicken, basil and Parmesan into the risotto. Season with pepper and serve.