Mushroom and Smoked Salmon Fritatta
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 22 Min
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 300g white or brown button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 350g smoked salmon, chopped*
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to grill.
- Heat a 10” non-stick, oven-proof pan over medium high heat. Melt butter until foamy.
- Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip and cook about 5 minutes more, until other side is same colour. Reduce heat to medium low.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy and add onions. Pour over mushroom mixture and stir once or twice to combine, gently lifting set eggs from bottom of the pan, letting the loose mixture set on the bottom.
- Add smoked salmon. Cover and continue to cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes, until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese and place pan under broiler until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, place a plate over the pan. Quickly turn the frittata onto the plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Hint: This recipe also works well as a mushroom only frittata. Substitute ¾ cup shredded swiss or herbed cream cheese for the smoked salmon.