Mushroom Quiche Cap canapés
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 43 Min
- 300g Mushrooms
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- ¼ cup finely diced Green Onion
- Bacon, 3 strips, cooked
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of freshly ground Black or White Pepper
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 2 tablespoons Half-and-Half (half whole milk, half cream)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 60g grated Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick spray. Slice 3 mushrooms for garnish. Heat a non-stick pan and heat over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add a single layer of mushrooms, and cook, without stirring (about five minutes) or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn and cook (about five minutes) or until other side is same colour. Set mushrooms aside.
- Chop remaining mushrooms and add with onions, salt and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally (about 8 minutes), until onions are soft and all moisture has evaporated. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and mustard. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Divide the egg and mushroom mixture among the muffin cups, filling each one about ¾ full. Top each cup with one slice of mushroom and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes until puffed and set. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently run the spoon around the edge of each cup and scoop each quiche to remove. Place a sautéed mushroom slice on top of each quiche and serve.