Mushroom, Spinach and Tomato Egg White Frittata with Goats Cheese
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 9 Large egg whites
- 60g creamy goat cheese
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups (packed) spinach leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (sliced) mixed mushrooms
- 1.5 tsp Olive oil
- 1 each red onion, diced
- Heat the oil in a 25cm nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms; sauté until golden. Add the tomatoes; sauté until tender.
- Add the spinach; stir just until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites, with salt and pepper to taste, until frothy. Pour the egg mixture over the hot vegetables in the skillet; stir gently to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook without stirring until the eggs are set on the bottom (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle the goats cheese over the frittata. Grill until the cheese melts and the top is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil.