Salmon & Mushroom Sushi Bowl With Wasabi Avocado
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 30 Min
- Sushi Dressing
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Wasabi Avocado
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp wasabi paste, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp salt
- Bowl Ingredients
- 2 cups brown sushi rice, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra
- 250g Meadows White Button Mushrooms
- 4 x 130g fresh salmon steaks
- Sea salt & pepper
- To Serve
- Japanese mayonnaise
- Pickled ginger
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds, toasted
- Microgreens (optional)
- For the dressing mix vinegar, sugar, salt and sesame oil in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until hot and sugar has dissolved. Cool and set aside until ready to use.
- For the wasabi avocado, mash all ingredients roughly with a fork, set aside.
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil uncovered. Cover and reduce heat, then simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until tender. Turn off heat and stand for 10-15 minutes. Spoon over sushi dressing and fold gently with a large spoon to combine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat until cooked (about 5 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan and sear salmon in batches, cooking for 4 minutes each side over a medium-high heat. Rest for 10 minutes then flake with a fork.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with salmon, wasabi avocado, mushrooms, mayonnaise, ginger, cucumber, radishes, a drizzle of soy sauce, sesame seeds and microgreens.