Best Ever Bacon, Mushroom and Tomato Brunch Croissants
PREP TIME: 7 Min
COOK TIME: 13 Min
- 4 x Fresh Croissants
- 2 T butter
- 1 x 250g pack of Meadows White/Brown Button Mushrooms
- 8 x Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 x packet of Bacon (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to around 180 degrees. And prepare the croissants by cutting in half across the middle.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the sliced mushrooms. Stirring constantly. Continue to cook until the moisture from the mushrooms is absorbed and they just start to brown (5-10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill. Cook bacon till crisp and tomatos until starting to colour.
- Add Croissants to the oven and heat croissants for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop/mash with a fork, a cherry tomato into the bottom half of the croissant. Top with two rashers of bacon then mushrooms.
- Serve with a side of sliced avocado or a dash of tomato Relish.
Hints and tips :
In a rush? Using Meadows sliced mushrooms can help save you time
We recommend a free-range farmed bacon e.g. Freedom farms
Try using mini-croissants as part of a bigger breakfast
Try adding a smear of cream cheese to your croissants to add extra creamy richness or even some cheese
Add a side of scrumptious scrambled eggs made with a little cream as a treat! Here is a recipe: BBC Good Food Perfect scrambled eggs
Croissants are perfect with coffee, as the French have them! Or with a little sparkling wine to brighten your occasion