Nikki Harts - Mushroom and Avo Smash Bruschetta
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 2 cups white button mushrooms
- 1/8 cup olive oil (30ml)
- 1-2 teaspoons Ras el Hanout (Moroccan spice mix)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 slices sourdough
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon for juicing
- finely chopped onion
- parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 210-220 C.
- Drizzle oil over quartered mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes and toss after 10 minutes.
- Preheat chargrill pan.
- Brush both sides of sourdough and grill for 2mins each side.
- Meanwhile bring a saucepan water to boil, gently add the eggs. Cook for 4 1/2 mins for soft boiled.
- Drain refresh the eggs under cold water.
- Crack shells gently and peel
1. Combine avocado, onion and lemon juice - season with salt and pepper to taste. Smash mixture over the toasted sourdough.
2. Spoon spiced roasted mushrooms over top.
3. Break eggs in half and arrange on top.
4. Sprinkle with parsley finely chopped onion.