Mushroom Bombs – Blue Cheese & Mushroom Arancini
PREP TIME: 5 Min
COOK TIME: 12 Min
- 12 button mushrooms
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 15g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 50ml dry white wine
- 100g aborio rice
- 15g grated parmesan
- 50g crumbled blue cheese
- cooking oil
- Heat oven to 180°C, lay mushrooms on oven tray, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes till juicy and softened.
- Place stock in sauce pan, bring to the boil, reduce heat
- Heat butter in heavy pan, add onion and garlic.
- Add rice and toast for 1-2 minutes, add wine, boil till reduced and rice has absorbed.
- Gradually add hot stock, 1 ladle at a time stirring continuously.
- Keep cooking till all stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in parmesan, season with salt and pepper, add in Kikorangi blue.
- Spread out on flat tray and chill quickly.
- When cool, roll into small balls and refridgerate for 1 hour.
- Coat each ball in flour, egg and breadcrumbs
- Deep fry or shallow fry till golden