Chicken, Mushroom and Sage Casserole
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 60 Min
- 1 chicken, cut into 6, or 4 Chicken Marylands
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 25g bacon or pancetta, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced thickly
- 1 garlic bulb, sliced in half through the middle
- 250g Small Portabello ‘Casserole’ Mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 C white wine
- 1 ½ C chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp thyme
- 200ml Crème Fraiche
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Canola Oil
- Small bunch sage
- Dust chicken with seasoned flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a large heavy based pan and cook chicken, turning it as it cooks, until golden (approx. 20 minutes). Remove to a large baking dish.
- Add bacon, leek, garlic and mushrooms and sauté, being careful to keep the garlic bulbs intact. Remove the garlic and add it to the chicken.
- Add wine and reduce by half. Add stock and thyme and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add crème fraiche and mustard and stir to combine.
- Pour over the chicken and bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken cooked through.
- Heat oil in a small fry pan and fry sage leaves for a minute or until bright and crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and garnish with crispy sage leaves.