Three-Cheese Crusted Stuffed Portabellos
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
- 10 Meadow Mushroom Small Portabellos or White Flats
- 4 slices grainy bread
- 50 g blue cheese
- 50 g ground parmesan
- 100 g brie or camembert
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- honey to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Clean, trim and remove the stalks of the mushrooms.
- Place the mushroom stalks, bread, cheeses, chopped garlic, chopped red onion and half the thyme leaves into the food processor.
- Pulse the processor until the mixture is barely combined. It is best that it remains a very coarse texture, with discernible pieces of bread, onion, and various cheeses visible.
- Divide this stuffing between the mushroom caps, pressing it onto the cap covering all the gills.
- Cook on a flat oven dish 15 mins and then grill lightly to brown the tops.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey before sprinkling over the remaining thyme leaves.
- These are great paired with any kind of meat, but work especially well with steak.
- They work very nicely as a first course, light lunch or dinner on their own, or if made with button mushrooms instead of the flats, you’ve got a tasty finger food item for entertaining.