Roast Chicken and Vege Stuffed Mushrooms
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 6 large White Flat Mushrooms
- 1 cup pre-cooked roast chicken, shredded
- 3 cups pre-cooked roast vegetables e.g kumara, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots or onions
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups frozen peas
- handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C bake.
- Clean and remove the stems of the mushrooms. Place on a lined baking tray, gill side up.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the chicken & roast vege and season with salt & pepper. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until the mushrooms and vegetables are cooked through and golden.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, cook the peas as per packet instructions. Season with salt and toss with the mint & lemon. Place on a large serving platter.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on top of the peas and serve immediately.
Rather than throwing the mushroom stems away, finely chop them up and add them as part of the stuffed mushroom filling or use them when making a beef or vegetable stock for added savoury flavour.