Summer Steak and Mushroom Salad in Salsa Verde Dressing
PREP TIME: 25 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
- 2 sirloin steaks, room temp
- 250g White Flat Mushrooms, cut in thick slices
- 1 bag rocket or cress
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- Salsa Verde Dressing
- 1 cup fresh stemmed herbs, finely chopped e.g mint, parsley, basil or coriander
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 small gherkins, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the dressing by combining the chopped herbs, mustard, vinegar, gherkins, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl. Slowly add in the oil, mixing continuously. Season to taste with salt & pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a BBQ, large fry pan, or hot plate over high heat. Season the steaks generously with salt & pepper on all sides. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare, or cook to your liking. Set aside to rest for at least 6 minutes before slicing.
- Add a splash of oil to the same cooking surface and grill the mushrooms on each side until golden brown. Remove from heat and season with salt & pepper.
- To assemble, place the rocket or cress on a large serving dish, top with the beans, red onion, steak slices and grilled mushrooms pieces. Spoon over the salsa verde when ready to serve.