Warm Summer Grilled Vege Salad with Chimichurri Dressing
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 25 Min
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 capsicum, cut in large chunks
- 1 courgette, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 250g White Flats Mushrooms
- 2 red onions, sliced in thick rounds
- 1 cup Israeli or pearl couscous
- Chimichurri Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh herbs e.g mint, parsley or even basil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Mix all the chimichurri ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the couscous and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, return to pot, toss with a splash of oil and set aside.
- Place all the vegetables on a large tray or in a large bowl. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat your BBQ or grill over medium high heat. Working in batches, cook the vegetables until lightly charred and cooked through, about 3 - 4 minutes each side.
- While the vegetables are still warm, assemble the salad. Place the Israeli couscous on the bottom of a large serving platter, top with the grilled vegetables and drizzle over the chimichurri dressing.