Grilled Mushroom Turkish Kebab
PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 35 Min
- 8 White Flat Mushrooms
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1 large or 2 std sized skewers
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup hummus
- 4 flat bread wraps
- Clean the mushrooms and if necessary, trim the stems so that they're flush with the outer rim of the mushroom cap. Place them on a large plate, tray or dish.
- Mix the olive oil, coriander, cumin, garlic, lemon zest & juice together in a small bowl and then completely coat the mushrooms top and bottom. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or in the fridge overnight.
- Thread the mushrooms onto one large skewer or two standard sized skewers.
- Heat your BBQ or hot plate over a medium high heat. Cook the skewers for 25 - 30 minutes, brushing with extra oil as needed and turn regularly until golden brown and lightly charred on all sides. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Brush your flat breads lightly with oil and heat on the grill until warmed through and golden. Spread each wrap with hummus and sprinkle over the tomatos and cucumber.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly carve the mushrooms off the skewers and place on the wraps before rolling up and serving.