Grilled Harissa Mushrooms with Yoghurt in Flatbread
PREP TIME: 30 Min
COOK TIME: 25 Min
- 6 White Flat Mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Yoghurt Dip
- ½ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- handful of fresh stem herbs, finely chopped e.g mint, coriander, flat leaf parsley or dill
- To make the yoghurt, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To prep the mushrooms, mix the olive oil, harissa & lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add the mushrooms and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the flatbread, mix the yoghurt and flour in a large bowl, until it forms a smooth dough. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Divide into 4 equal parts and roll into flatbread, using plenty of flour to prevent any sticking.
- Cook the flatbreads on the BBQ or in dry fry pan over medium-high heat. Allow each bread to char slightly and become golden brown before flipping - about 2-4 minutes per side. Place the breads in a tea towel to keep warm until you’re ready to serve.
- To cook the mushrooms, place them on a hot BBQ or in a fry pan and cook for 4 – 5 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- To assemble, spread spoonfuls of the yoghurt on top of the flatbreads, top with the grilled mushrooms, whole or sliced, and extra fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
- If you can't get your hands on harissa paste, try making your own! Mix together tomato paste, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, chilli flakes and coriander seeds.
- No flour or time to make the flatbread? This recipe works just as well served on store-bought wraps