Blended Bolognese Sauce
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 45 Min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 500g 50/50 Meadow Mushrooms & beef mince blend
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- To serve: your favourite pasta
- 1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the garlic, onions, carrot and celery with a sprinkle of salt, for 8 minutes until soft.
- 2. Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- 3. Finely chop the mushrooms (or blitz in the blender) to replicate mince, then add to the pan with the mince, raise the heat a little, and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- 4. Add the tomatoes, water and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 5. Serve on top of or stirred through your favourite pasta
Turn this into a lasagne in just a couple of easy extra steps