Blended Mexican Mince
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 35 Min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons minced chilli, optional
- 500g 50/50 Meadow Mushrooms & beef mince blend
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can kidney or pinto beans, drained
- fresh coriander
- 1. Heat the oil in frying pan over a medium heat and stir fry the onion, capsicum, garlic and chilli with a sprinkle of salt for 5 minutes.
- 2. Finely chop the mushrooms (or blitz in the blender) to replicate mince, then add to the pan with the mince, cumin, coriander and paprika and raise the heat a little, cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in the tomatoes, rinsing the can with half a can of water and adding this, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes then add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Garnish with fresh coriander before serving.
Serve on rice, baked potato, or on corn chips for nachos or in a flour or corn tortillas to make tacos