Chicken & Mushroom Meatball Autumn Soup
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 26 Min
- 1T Olive oil
- 250g Punnet Chef’s Choice– processed to a crumb consistency
- 600g Chicken mince
- 1 x Onion – finely chopped
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (panko if possible)
- Cooking Stock
- 1T butter
- 1 Celery stalk – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2-3c salt reduced (or homemade) chicken stock
- Black pepper
- Combine meatball ingredients together in a bowl, then roll into small balls.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté meatballs, turning frequently until browned, then remove from pan. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Heat butter in a deep pan, add celery stalk and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and meatballs.
- Add chicken stock to cover. Add bay leaf, thyme and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to cook through.
Serve in bowls with a little of the stock.