Chicken & Mushroom Rolls
PREP TIME: 6 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 400g cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 cup tasty grated cheese
- 6 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add oil and mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally for 6 minutes until all moisture evaporates. Set aside to cool.
- Drain excess moisture from mushrooms and transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken mince, cheese, shallots, 1 egg, breadcrumbs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Lightly whisk the remaining egg. Cut the pastry in half. Spoon chicken and mushroom mince mixture along one long edge; brush the opposite edge of a pastry sheet with beaten egg. Roll up to form a sausage. Press pastry to secure. Repeat with remaining mixture and pastry.
- Brush the top each roll with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut each roll into 4 or 6 smaller ones. Place onto baking trays, pastry seam side down. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling cooked through.