Korean Chilli Chicken, Snow pea and Mushroom Bibimbap
PREP TIME: 25 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- 2 cups hot steamed rice
- ⅔ cup cucumber ribbons or matchsticks
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 Tbsp + 1 tsp neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra to season
- 300g chicken mince
- 1 cup snow peas
- ⅔ cup sprouts
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into ribbons or matchsticks
- 4 eggs
- 250g Meadows Swiss Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp gochujang sauce (Korean hot sauce)
- Divide rice between four serving bowls and keep warm.
- Combine cucumber, rice vinegar, sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper. Add chicken, using a fork to break it up. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer if you can.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in medium-hot skillet and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and cook chicken with marinade, stirring frequently until cooked through (about 7 minutes).
- While chicken is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a separate pan and add snow peas, heat stirring for 2 minutes. Remove and divide across bowls. In the same pan, repeat with the sprouts, then the carrots, keeping the rice bowls warm.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil and fry eggs. Add to rice.
- Add cooked mushrooms and gochujang sauce to the pan and cook for a further minute then add to rice.
- Pour soy sauce over rice bowls and season with black pepper.