Meadow-Terranean Blended Burger - by Diane Davidson
- 200g Meadow Portabello Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 400g lamb mince
- 2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato & feta mix in oil , store bought from deli
- 125g Meadow White Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup Greek-style unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup italian parsley, chopped finely
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed & chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- To serve
- 4 burger buns
- Seasonal salad ingredients
- To make patties, combine chopped mushrooms with minced lamb, breadcrumbs, oregano & rosemary.
- Lift sundried tomatoes & feta out of oil, roughly chop & combine with mushroom-meat mix.
- Form into 4 generous patties. Rest in the fridge on baking paper, until ready to cook.
- To make the sauce, blitz Meadow White Button Mushrooms finely in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine well to make a creamy sauce. This will thicken, on standing.
- Grill on the BBQ or pan fry patties to desired doneness. While the patties are cooking, lightly toast burger buns.
- Assemble burgers using half the mushroom sauce as well as salad ingredients of choice.
Pour leftover mushroom sauce into bowls to serve as a dip with hot chips.