My Not So Avo-rage Blended Burger - by Rosie Wells
- 600g 50/50 Meadow Swiss Brown Button Mushrooms & angus steak mince blend
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/3 tsp of each, salt, blk pepper, white pepper
- garlic hummus, store bought
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients and form the size patty you would like, this recipe make 6 large patties or 12 small patties.
- Bake in a preheated oven on a tray lined with baking paper for 20 minutes at 180C, turning over half way through.
- Once cooked, take out and let rest for 10mins while preparing the rest of the burger.
- Slice an avocado in half lengthways and remove pip. Place one half on a plate, with lettuce underneath to stop rolling. Spread a generous amount of garlic hummus on the half avocado. Place a blended patty on top.
- Add slice tomatoes, homemade pickled onions, lettuce and carrot.
- To serve, carefully place the other half avocado on top to close the burger and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This burger can be adjusted to suit all dietary needs, just use whatever you have on hand and omit or substitute with alternative ingredients, Enjoy!