Mushroom, Halloumi & Bacon Kebabs
PREP TIME: 25 Min
COOK TIME: 6 Min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for brushing
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- half a preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 200g halloumi
- 250g streaky bacon
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- Put the olive oil, garlic, thyme and preserved lemon in a bowl and mix together with salt and pepper to season. Cut the halloumi into 24 pieces and combine with the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in the marinade. Refrigerate until needed, up to 6 hours.
- Heat the barbecue to hot.
- Thread each each strip of bacon onto a skewer, weaving with the halloumi pieces, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Brush with a little extra olive oil.
- Cook for 6 minutes, turning, until golden.