Grilled Mushroom Ham and Basil kebabs
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 7 Min
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 90g sliced smoked ham or bacon, cut in 16 (1-inch wide) strips
- 16 fresh basil or small spinach leaves
- 500g white button mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized red or green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch squares
- Preheat outdoor grill. In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- On four 8-inch or eight 4-inch skewers alternately thread ham, basil/spinach, mushrooms and bell pepper, folding ham and basil/spinach to fit on skewers.
- Brush generously on all sides with oil and vinegar mixture. Grill until mushrooms are golden, turning occasionally, 6 to 7 minutes.
Place skewers on a serving platter, brush with any remaining oil-vinegar mixture. Serve over steamed rice sprinkled with chopped parsley, if desired