Chermoula Grilled Brown Button skewers
PREP TIME: 30 Min
COOK TIME: 5 Min
- 2 cups diced onion
- ½ cup minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro parsley
- 1 cup fresh mint
- ½ cup sweet paprika
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1.2L lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- 96 whole Brown Button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 8 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½-inch strips
- For the Chermoula: Combine the onion, garlic, cilantro parsley, and mint in a food processor and blend to a paste.
- Stir in the paprika, pepper, salt, coriander, and cayenne.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and oil until blended.
- Pour the chermoula over the mushrooms, cover, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- On long skewers, thread 4 mushrooms and 4 pepper pieces alternatively for each serving.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving: Lightly drizzle a skewer with oil and grill over high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the skewer carefully with tongs and grill for about 3 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Note: The skewers can be served over rice or with a fresh green salad.