Shiitake Miso Ramen
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- 2 tablespoons oil (sunflower, peanut, rapeseed, avocado)
- 200g shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 6 spring onions, greens and whites separated and finely chopped
- 250-300g dried noodles
- 1 litre boiling water
- 3 sachet dashi stock powder
- Quarter of a cup dried seaweed such as wakame or karengo
- 2 tablespoons Miso paste
- 1-2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin, optional
- 4 eggs, boiled peeled and halved
- Togarashi seasoning
- Heat the oil in medium saucepan (that has a lid) and sauté the shiitake and button mushrooms for about 5 minutes with a little sprinkle of salt.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onion whites and sauté with the mushrooms for about 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and boiling water and dashi powder, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until the noodles are tender, stirring with a fork every so often to separate the noodles and stirring in the seaweed in the last 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the miso paste, soy sauce and mirin if you have it. Divide between bowls and top with 2 halves of egg and scatter over the spring onion greens then season with togarashi as you like.