The simplest way to sauté
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 5 Min
- olive oil or butter
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- fresh herbs - optional e.g. chopped parsley, thyme, chives, garlic, chilli flakes
- Slice or quarter your mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat then add the mushrooms, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. Add your favourite herb if using.
- Mushrooms cooked for a short time will taste fresh and retain a good bite to their texture.
- Mushrooms cooked longer until they're golden brown or caramelised, will release water and give a more intense flavour.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking and toss to combine.
Try your sautéed mushrooms on the side with eggs, chicken or beef; piled on toast, bruschetta, baked potatoes, pancakes or waffles; or added to pizza, lasagne or risotto.