Garlic & Herb Summer Marinated Mushrooms
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 5 Min
- 400g White Button Mushrooms, whole or quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely diced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- large handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- For the marinade, add all the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the cooked mushrooms to the marinade while still warm, and toss until they are all coated. Cover and transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Fill a large pot with water and season generously with salt. Bring to the boil, add the mushrooms, and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.