Grilled Corn, Mushroom & Green Bean Pesto Quinoa Salad
PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 30 Min
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 250g green beans
- 2 corn cobs
- 400g White Button Mushrooms, quartered
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 lemon
- ½ bag rocket
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- Large handful of basil
- Place the quinoa in a sieve and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a pot and cover with the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the water has evaporated.
- While the quinoa is cooking, blanch the green beans and set aside.
- Drizzle the corn and mushrooms with oil and season with salt & pepper. Fire up the BBQ or a large fry pan to medium high heat, and grill the corn and mushrooms, turning occasionally until golden and cooked through. This should take about 10 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, use a sharp knife to slice the grilled kernels off the cob.
- Add the pesto to the cooked quinoa, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and toss to combine. Taste, and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Add the rocket to the bottom of a large serving platter or bowl, top with the quinoa, green beans, corn & mushrooms. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and torn basil, and serve with a wedge of lemon.
For a milder mushroom flavour, use white buttons. For a more earthier mushroom flavour, use swiss brown buttons.