Jalapeno & Cream Cheese Mushroom Poppers
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- 400g Meadow Mushrooms White Buttons
- Jar of sliced jalapeño peppers
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp ground paprika
- 2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Measure out jalapeños based on the level of heat you would like: mild (1 Tbsp), medium (2 Tbsp), or hot (3 Tbsp).
- Finely chop the jalapeños and place into a medium size bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, extra virgin olive oil, parmesan and paprika. Mix until well combined.
- Pop the stems off the mushrooms and discard the stalks (see tips below for ways to reuse these). Take one mushroom and pack a heaped teaspoon amount of cream cheese mixture into the cavity and smooth the top. The filling should be slightly round on top, but not piled high. Place the stuffed mushroom on a lightly oiled oven proof dish or tray. Repeat with all mushrooms.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Rather than throw the mushrooms stalks away, either dice them up and add to the cream cheese filling for more mushroomy goodness, or add them to stuffing, gravy, scrambled eggs, soups, stocks or pasta for added savoury flavour.