Mushroom, Green Bean & Blue Cheese Quiche
PREP TIME: 30 Min
COOK TIME: 45 Min
- Butter, for greasing dish
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 100g creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- 250g green beans or asparagus, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g White or Brown Button Meadow Mushrooms, sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grease a 28cm round pie dish with butter.
- Stack pastry sheets together and fold into quarters. Use a rolling pin, roll out the pastry to a large circle that is slightly larger than your pie dish. Carefully fit the pastry into the pie dish, so the pastry sits flat on the base, into the corners, up the sides and over the edges. Trim overhanging pastry with a sharp knife to tidy up edges.
- Crumble blue cheese into the dish. Arrange the beans, red onion and mushrooms into the dish.
- Crack eggs into a measuring jug and whisk until smooth. Add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour egg and milk mixture into dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and egg is set. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- If using small eggs, bump quantity up to 6 eggs.
- The quiche will rise while baking so to avoid overflow in the oven, the filling should sit about 2 cm below the rim. Consider sitting dish on a tray in the oven the first time you make it just in case.
- Rolling out your pastry on a sheet of baking paper makes transferring to your dish so much easier!
- Green beans can be swapped for asparagus.
- This dish can be enjoyed hot or cold - perfect for a breakfast, lunch, light dinner, the lunch box, or picnic.