Portabello Mushroom Shakshuka
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 30 Min
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large capsicum, diced
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp harissa paste
- 2 x 400g cans of cherry tomatoes
- 5 large portabello mushrooms - stalk removed
- Half a block of feta
- 5 eggs
- Big handful of coriander
- Dice the onion, garlic and capsicum. In a large pan with medium sides, fry the onion for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt until soft. Now add the capsicum, garlic, cumin, paprika and harissa paste with a splash of oil. Let this simmer for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the two cans of cherry tomatoes and mix everything together, let this simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the whole mushrooms, gills facing up, put the lid on and cook for 13-15 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Carefully spoon off any excess liquid off the top of the mushrooms, crack one egg on top of each mushroom, sprinkle over the feta cheese and place the lid on for 2 ½ - 3 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season well and garnish with coriander and serve on some toasted bread!