Mushroom and Cashew Pate
PREP TIME: 17 Min
COOK TIME: 17 Min
- 300 g Mushrooms
- 1 red Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic
- I med Eggplant
- 1/2 tsp Liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Soy sauce (gluten free)
- Red currant jelly
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp oil (approx.) for frying
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked overnight)
- Slice and fry mushrooms in oil until nice and brown. Remove from heat add soy sauce and liquid smoke, remove from pan.
- Lightly fry chopped onion and minced garlic until transparent.
- Chop eggplant into thick rounds and toss in oil and salt and pepper, fry until nicely coloured and finish in 170 degree oven until soft and golden.
- Place cashews, mushrooms, eggplant and onions into food processor and blend to desired texture. Season well and place into dish serving dish.
- Briefly melt redcurrant jelly in microwave/stovetop and pour a thin layer over pate mixture. Place in fridge to set for at least two hours.
Serve with sundried tomato aioli.