Teriyaki Mushrooms Nourish Bowl
PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 400g White Button Meadow Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- To serve: rice, avocado slices, sliced spring onion, sliced red onion, edamame beans
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add sliced mushrooms. Fry for about 8 minutes, stirring to cook evenly until mushrooms start to brown.
- While mushrooms are cooking, in a small bowl, dissolve sugar in hot water. Add soy sauce, mirin, cornstarch and ginger. Mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and allow to bubble. Stir to coat the mushrooms. Cook for about 30 seconds until sauce thickened. Turn off heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve on rice or stirred through noodles, topped with salad ingredients.
- Feel free to change up the accompanying veges to whatever you like or is in season - mushrooms work well with anything!
- Serve on rice or stirred through noodles